Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Confessions of a Theatre Nerd


By: Tabitha Garnica

“I’m as restless as a willow in a windstorm.  I’m as jumpy as a puppet on a string.”~ State Fair

I definitely consider myself a theatre nerd.  As a theatre nerd, there a probably many things I do regularly that most people do not.  I decided to write them down in the hope that maybe I am not the only theatre nerd that does these things, and maybe we can all come together in our weirdness and be open about it.
1.      I watch the same movies over and over again
2.      While I watch a movie, I pretend I am playing a certain character and act along with them
3.      I cast shows in my head for fun
4.      I’ll dress myself up in costumes for no reason
5.      I make fake playbills
6.      I’ll sing along to an entire soundtrack pretending to be a specific character
7.      I have to bring theatre into everything, i.e: school projects and conversations
8.      I sing songs completely out of my range on purpose
9.      I read audition announcements for fun
10.  I can recite shows in their entirety  

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so you did that on Monday, what about the rest of the week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I'm playing a character, especially one I really like, I pretty much pretend to be that character on a 24/7 basis. Even when people aren't aware I'm doing it. :D

    Thanks for this post! It gave me a smile just when I needed it (curse these finals).

    ReplyDelete